Saturday, October 22, 2011

Play Center: Grocery Store

One of the very first pretend play centers I ever set up was a grocery store. Logan toddled around a chair and put play food into his basket. He would then promptly dump it on the floor, and repeat the process all over again.

Some things have changed since those initial attempts at pretend play. Logan's imagination has grown in amazing leaps and bounds. It is his favorite type of play these days. He pretends to be characters (like Smurfs) and cast me in different roles too.

Our set up has never been very complicated or involved. He usually decides at the spur of the moment that he would like to play grocery store. Some days we raid our recyclables to see what types of bins we can add, but this day we were running low, so we made do without. Here is what Logan set up one day:


I worked at a grocery store all through college, and I have to say, I am quite impressed with how carefully he lined things up! I love that he added the hot dog into the green section. He called it "a surprise!" With the addition of a few items like play money and a shopping cart or grocery bag, this play center can provide hours of entertainment. 

3 comments:

  1. I love his attention to detail.

    This play center is a great idea! I forget that I can do this with Aiden. I have the play kitchen and don't realize we could pretend to shop for our food too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this, I feel great about it and love studying more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks for such a valuable help again. SnapTube App For Pc

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...