Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Painting on Tinfoil, Revisited

While the little guy was on the mend, he asked to paint on tinfoil. We accidentally discovered this activity, but had yet to actually try it again. When he looked at me with his pale little face and asked to do try it, I hustled my little much larger than little booty over to the pantry to whip out some sheets of tinfoil.

Alas, this project still seemed magical to my little guy.


He loves to mix colors when painting,but often when doing so on paper, the colors that are produced are usually a stunning shade of brown. On tinfoil, there is less brown-ness, and much more swirling gorgeous colors.

I wanted to press the paper down gently to hopefully get a print of this swirling goodness, so that is what I tried to do. As soon as I carefully placed the paper down, two little super fast hands rushed to mash and squish the paper down.



I think they still came out quite lovely, squished colors and all.

15 comments:

  1. Great idea, adding the tin foil. I usually have them paint on the table for reverse painting. It takes forever to clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The tin foil did make it a super quick clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from Just 'Cuz Blog Hop.
    Hope you follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog, following u back. I'll have to try this I've been putting off doing to much painting due to the mess(selfish mommy) but my little guy loves it. I'll have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking of painting on foil - I like this idea with making prints! Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like he had so much fun with this!
    Thanks for linking up with Fun for Kids Friday.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I love the name of your blog ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, we've never painted on foil! Great idea! I'm loving your adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Justine - we have not painted on foil! I must try this - my girls LOVE mixing colors but as you said we usually end up with a brown blob by the time all is done - this seems so much prettier and of course more fun to try something new!

    I am off to find my tin foil! Thanks for linking to the Sunday Showcase - your ideas are always so much fun and so doable - love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. how about leaving the painting on the foil rather than make a print of it? Anyone tried that ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How does painting on tin foil prevert the colors from mixing together and ending up with a brown paint work?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how it does it officially, but it definitely worked for us. Perhaps because it is a slippery surface?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...