Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baking with the Boy: Chocolate Banana Marble Muffins

Bananas is one of those foods that we always buy in mass quantities. Some weeks they will disappear quickly, and other weeks there will be two or three left over. This particular week was one of those where we  left with a couple very ripe bananas. Rather than throw them out, I decided to make muffins out of them. I have tried a million and one different banana muffin recipes. I like to try new recipes when baking, and today was no exception. When I stumbled across the recipe for chocolate banana marble muffins, at The Hazel Bloom, I decided to give it a try. I rounded up my baking assistant, and we set to work. He,of course, did all the hard work. 


His favorite part was mixing. He was desperate to try a bite.

And even more so when we added the chocolate.

Here he is trying his best to be convincing. He may have sneaked a taste, but I can't be certain!

After I popped them into the oven,our final product emerged:

I've never mastered the art of a clean muffin tin, when baking, as you can plainly see, but these were quite yummy! 

3 comments:

  1. These look really good. I'm sure they were gobbled up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha- you really don't want to see how mine turn out! Ever try to make one in an ice cream cone? Thank you for linking up with us on The Sunday Showcase

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...