Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Painting on tinfoil

Painting is a big deal in our household. It is always a good time. It is a go to activity in order to create some instant cheer if Logan is ever acting gloomy. But sometimes I find that it is fun to switch it up. Fresh off of our experience of painting a birdhouse, the little guy requested that we paint again a few days later. This is when I decided to let him stamp Easter shapes. I gave him a piece of paper, but I didn't have a flat paper plate to put paint onto. Instead without really thinking, I grabbed a piece of tin foil.


The stamping was okay, but the tinfoil, well that sent Logan over the moon. He loved watching the swirling colors.


And I have to admit, it was quite pretty. If I had thought about it enough,I might have wanted to press a blank piece of paper down onto it to make it a print to keep.

That being said, clean up was quite a breeze. Just wash the brush off and then crumple up the tin foil and toss in the trash can. Washing the kiddo off might be a different story though.

Sharing at:
We PlayPhotobucketNo Time For Flash CardsLink Party Thursdays

10 comments:

  1. Fun, it would feel good to paint on foil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foil is one of our favorite painting surfaces! It is really fun to use translucent paints on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I've never tried foil painting but I really must - it looks like a wonderful, creative, sensory experience that the kids at preschool would love. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun! shared this on my fb and twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little man loves painting on foil too. He loves pushing all the paint around and making different shapes. I made a print for myself but little man just enjoys squelching in the paint :)

    Followed over from No Time for Flashcards. Looking forward to having more of a read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We tried this this morning - Awesome activity! My son learned more about mixing and blending colors. He also came up with a great idea for adding glitter to the picture. We'll be doing this one again. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thanks guys for the positive feedback! You're all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, I love the messy hand. That is great that you turned that into a different way to do art. So wonderful! Thanks for sharing at my blog party last week. Hope you come back again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one Messy & FUN idea! :) Your sweet lil boy looks like he is enjoying himself so much!

    So many wonderful ideas on your blog - please take a moment to link up on my new Kids Craft & Educational type linky party - The Sunday Showcase which just started today!

    Here is the direct link to link-up: http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/2011/05/sunday-showcase-51511.html

    The more wonderful ideas we share - the more inspiration we all have! :) I hope you can come link-up and "showcase" your amazing work!

    Bernadette - Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
    http://moto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...