Thursday, May 20, 2010

Salsa chicken

Today for dinner I made a family favorite for dinner. Both of my boys and guests (one being my picky sister) love this main dish. It is the laziest one in the world, which means I love it too. It is called Salsa Chicken, because that is the two ingredients you need. Chicken and salsa.

All you need is a crock pot. Set said crock pot up and take the chicken and put it into the crock pot. I have used chicken breasts and chicken tenderloins. I'm not a big fan of dark meat, but that would probably work too. Next open a jar of salsa and pour it on the chicken. I've used all kinds of salsa, but my favorites thus far have been tequila lime and mango salsa. I go with more mild salsa since I'm feeding a picky toddler and I'm not a big fan of super spiciness. If you like it hot, by all means go for it. It's all about customization, friends. Then put crock pot on low for five to six hours. All crock pot cooking times are different though, so use your judgement. Sometimes a half hour before the chicken is finished cooking, I add some frozen peppers and onions. I love fresh vegetables, but this package can be used multiple times; taste as fresh and yummy; and is only around $1.50. I'm all about saving money here, without compromising on taste. Once cooked, take chicken out and shred it. Add it back to crock pot and stir so it absorbs extra salsa. Serve soft taco style. Viola! Deliciousness.

1 comment:

  1. "Without compromising on taste." You sound like a Lite Beer commercial!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...