Thursday, April 8, 2010

17 months

Dear Bugga Bugga Baby,
This month could also be known as the month that your hair was discussed. At length, for it's length. It has been a hotly debated issue. Some people say it is too long. That it needs to get cut.



Others, mainly me, can barely think about doing it. It is true that some days your hair is out of control. A million spirally curls spring from every angle off your head. But part of me knows the moment that we start trimming those curls off your head you will transform. A new little boy will sit where my curly haired baby was. I know the time is coming, it is just a matter of deciding when.

Today at the park you went down the slide all by yourself. It was the first time that I didn't have to remind you to sit down or scoot forward. You just did it. All by yourself. You wiggled towards the edge, and I started to count to three. "One, two...." and you slid. Before I was even ready, you were. You cheered for yourself when you reached the bottom, you ran to me and wrapped your arms around my legs. "Mama, mama, mama!" you said over and over again until you raced off to slide again. It was then I decided that maybe your haircut could wait until the next month or the one after that, because right now you're my baby, even though you are growing up.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...